Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Slow blogging. But for how long?

Every now and again, I'm stunned when I start to think about how much I don't know.

It's a lot.

I enjoy writing. I really enjoy writing in a blog format. But on occasion I get the sense that I'm adding to the sum total of ignorance in the world. (Or, at least, adding to the pile of noise.) I'm not really an expert in anything. So why does my opinion on anything, really, need to be disseminated to the public?

No answer to that.

I know myself. I'll pick up the blogging pace again soon. Right now, though, I'm stopping to listen and read a little more. When I speak out, I'd like to know what I'm talking about.

2 comments:

namefromthepast said...

Heard a great line the other day.

"As people specialize because there is so much to know they learn more and more about less and less. Soon we'll know everything about nothing."

Don't know if it's original but the guy who works on some of my equipment pointed that out.

In Proverbs-"just like iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another"

Your opinion does matter if only to serve as ignition to further thought and debate.

I'm just sayin...

Joel said...

Thanks for the encouragement. Obviously, we both share the need to sharpen our iron!