Friday, December 31, 2010

Three habits I'd like to adopt in 2011

Here are three habits I'd like to adopt in 2011. I don't call them "resolutions," because that word implies the goal to me instead of the means. Here, I'm focusing on means. And instead of making grand pronouncements about weight or career that aren't really in my control, I'd like to focus on creating routines that help me be a better me.

Also: I won't cheat. I'm not going to try to make a resolution to read more or write more because, well, I do quite a bit of both already.

Without further adieu: My three goals:

• Walk two miles a day.

• Limit myself to meat at one meal per day.

• Commit 30 minutes a day to housecleaning.

Obviously, I won't be perfect on this. But they seem doable, and good habits to adopt on my way to a healthier life.

No comments: