Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Is Julian Assange A Terrorist?

I was going to write about this, but TNC got there first:
"I think there actually is something talismanic about designating Assange a terrorist--politically talismanic. I think we're getting close to a point where 'terrorist' indicates a certain view of your enemies, as opposed to a statement of tactics. I have mixed feelings about the Wikileaks dump, mostly because I don't really see any great scandals, atrocities, or cover-ups being exposed. Assange oeuvre is mostly hacker, and occasionally, accidentally humanitarian. 

But in no real sense of the word is Assange a terrorist, except in the sense that 'terrorists' are people who we have come to see as belonging outside of our justice system, miscreants somewhere in the range of child molesters."

No comments: