Saturday, January 1, 2022

My bucket list for 2022

Photo by Suzy Hazelwood from Pexels

No resolutions. But a few things I'd like to do.

* Finally read Robert Caro's "The Power Broker.": Kind of astonishing I've made it this far into my career without checking that box. I've read and loved literally every other book that Caro has published. This one intimidated me, though. I've already ordered a paperback version through the local bookstore, and ergonomically I wish to hell there was an e-version. But there isn't. 

* Travel. I've barely left the state of Kansas the last two years, except to go to Arkansas to visit my wife's parents. I'd like to go someplace that's not where I usually am. One possibility: Getting on Amtrak's Southwest Chief and head west. Never been to Albuquerque. But I'd also really like to return (home?) to Philadelphia, which we'd planned to do the summer of 2020. You know how that went.

* Find my "thick community." Nuff said. 





No comments: