Friday, September 16, 2011

Muncie, Indiana speaks: Joel Mathis is hardheaded and ignorant!

Muncie's Aldon Veach has written a letter to the editor, objecting to my tone in last week's Scripps Howard column. Veach writes:
I often read the RedBlueAmerica columnists. I don't always disagree with all Joel Mathis writes, but the Sept. 6 article showed his hardheadedness as well as his ignorance. His nasty remarks about the Iowa poll voters was not necessary. The 65 percent who do not believe in evolution are smart enough to know it is not a proven science, but rather a myth that should not be taught in our schools without creationism being taught. The 79 percent he claims don't believe in climate change just don't agree with the theory of Al Gore and the far left that want to cost us taxpayers. The 68 percent who question Obama's birth place are probably right too, if we could get the truth. How unkind of Mathis to call these folks "Know Nothing" voters. We conservatives are not anti-science just because we believe in God, the Father, Jesus Christ, the Son and the Holy Spirit. We want our nation to survive and go back to the basics. It is the liberals, including our liberal president, who are destroying our blessed country.
Since Veach apparently embraces "birtherism," I'm going to go ahead and stick to my guns on the Republican repudiation of truth and empirical knowledge.

3 comments:

FletcherDodge said...

I read your column, and since you're one of the leading lights of the Liberal movement, I can only conclude that Liberals are anti-logic.

(just joking... kind of)

Anonymous said...

Go for it. That man is an idiot, along with the other religious zealots out there.

Notorious Ph.D. said...

((shakes fist)) I'll get you, Muncie, if it's the last thing I do!