Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Mother Jones and Sarah Palin

Here's the new cover of Mother Jones:


I don't like it. Hey, I get it: Sarah Palin's an attractive woman. I even think so. But I'm trying to think how folks on the left would react to, say, a National Review cover with Hillary Clinton or Kathleen Sebelius in a bikini top, engorged with rage and lust. I think Sarah Palin is a destructive force in American politics, but I hate to see ostensible feminists resort to objectification just because it's somebody on the other side.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to not go out on a limb and guess you're unfamiliar with the B-movie classic, "The Attack of the 50-Foot Woman." The original, that is. Here is the movie poster:

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1755484928/tt0051380

And if you're into cheesy flicks, by all means rent it.

J said...

kudos,Joel