Wednesday, October 27, 2010

More About the Sexy Sarah Palin Cover

A reader checks in:

"I'm going to not go out on a limb and guess you're unfamiliar with the B-movie classic, 'The Attack of the 50-Foot Woman.'"


I got the reference. But I'm guessing there were ways to depict Palin and make this -- or a similar -- reference without undressing her. Maybe I'm just cranky and humorless. But I do think some otherwise-feminist-leaning folks are willing to indulge in a little sexism where Sarah Palin is concerned, and I'd rather not be a participant in that.

2 comments:

KhabaLox said...

Actually, Palin's skirt looks to be a couple inches (or feet, if you scale up) longer than the original.

One interpretation of the cover is that it is using a pop culture reference to paint Palin as a monster intent on destroying America. It turns out to be sexist because most pop culture depictions of women are sexist. Can anyone think of another way to portray this sentiment that is not sexist?

Joel said...

Leave her clothes on?